Transformer RPG Tease

Eddy Webb just dropped a major teaser on Twitter. Apparently, he is part of the team working on the official Transformers RPG. I am very interested. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m really happy he’s on the team. He’s got experience and he’s definitely a Transformers fan.

3 Likes

Yeah, one of my clients is involved with that one. Knowing that Eddy’s involved and seeing as we’ve been on a couple panels together, I may just have to slip a note under his door to see if recommendations can be made for someone to do the layout. :grin:

3 Likes

I guess the company is working on Transformers, GIJoe, and Power Rangers all at the same time. Maybe one system for them all? Don’t know yet.

1 Like

Per my understanding it’s all going to be 5E. I imagine it will have some unique mechanics to capture the essence of each IP.

5E? Booooooo… Oh well, I might check it out but that’s not encouraging.

The articles I have found include the Power Rangers RPG will use elements of 5E, but doesn’t cover the same topic with the other RPGs. I think it’s probably a safe assumption they will but not a sure thing. Of course, the latest I found was from Oct '20 so there may be more current info out there I haven’t stumbled on yet.

Since it’s all Hasbro I would expect it BUT it doesn’t really matter. I love 2 of the 3 IPs so I won’t be able to help myself :slight_smile:

Same, and to be honest, I have no dislike for 5E. It’s a great system and to be fair, I know some of the folks working on it and they are phenomenal game developers. I only see goodness coming out of that team.

1 Like

I grabbed two Gencon tickets for this new game, one for Transformers and one for Power Rangers. This won’t be until Sep but I’ll have some game experience then.

1 Like

Love to hear about both!

No problem. :slight_smile: I’ll happily report back.

I’m really curious to see how they handle the assumed setting for this game, since Transformers is one of those properties that has pretty much created a metric ton of alternate realities and continuities. I know Eddie is well versed in multiple versions of those continuities just from following him on Twitter.

Yeah, agreed. This is something I am looking forward to checking out as well. The Transformers Multiverse is pretty expansive and constantly growing. I kinda hope they give us a ruleset so we can pick the particular universe/canon we want to play with. That might be a bit much to ask though.

1 Like

The current Netflix show seems to be playing with the concept of alternate timelines and aspects of the continuity interacting, so that might carry over to this product as well.

Today I learned there’s a Netflix Transformers show. Man, that Jared fella is full of new information. Thanks friend!

3 Likes

If it’s not addressed in a core book, I can totally see a multiverse supplement of some kind. It also depends on what Hasbro wants to plug or if they’ll trust the RPG team to do what they feel is best to sell the product.

OMG, I’m so silly. Hasbro? Trust another team’s professional evaluation of an outside market? HAHAHA!!! Oh, ignorance, you sure do make me laugh out loud.

2 Likes

You should definitely watch it, imho. The Transformers: War for Cybertron trilogy is really good. It’ll make for a good afternoon of viewing.

1 Like

You’re not wrong. I’m sure Hasbro has the leash pretty tight on this one, the GIJoe, and the Power Rangers RPGs.

Renegade Games Studios are the devs (https://renegadegamestudios.com/). You know how it goes though. I’m sure they don’t have carte blanche with the IPs. Everything is going through an approval process. Sorry, that is an assumption, but I would be shocked if it wasn’t.

1 Like

Renegade is my biggest client and I’ve been poking the bear about working on these games. Apparently, I’m on the short list to work as a Production Designer (layout) for one, two, or all of these. It would be a great way to go through the experience firsthand, that’s for sure.

3 Likes