Terminator RPG

Okay, maybe I am a sucker but this interests me as long as it’s not trying to simulate the movies, but uses them as the foundation for a fully fledged RPG that dives deep into the twisted metal future we only saw glimpses of. What encourages me is 1) the creative team they have put together, and 2) the inclusion of the Dark Horse comics. If it was just the first movie, I would be very worried. Like someone said last night, the movie is just one big chase scene. The RPG needs to deliver on more than that to be good. I dunno, maybe I’ll be the guinea pig for this one and let you know what I think.

1 Like

I’m with you! I’ve been watching this one ever after buying Alien and entertaining a desire to run a full 80s sci-fi action rpg (the third major influence would be Predator — also of Dark Horse Comics).

I’m also curious about the system. It appears to have a pretty firm fan base, but I know no one who uses it.

1 Like

Yeah, I am curious about the S5S system too. I’ve never heard of it and I am debating picking up SLA Industries to get a preview. Probably check out YouTube and reviews to see if anyone covers it.

Just mentioned this on the upcoming episode release, 238.

1 Like

I’ve pondered this one and I decided to back it. Nightfall Games’ past has been a bit tumultuous and their Kickstarter for SLA Industries 2E was 17 months late to deliver (annoying but not uncommon). I’ve been considering these issues against who is on the creative team for this product (folks with a good track record like Benn Graybeaton and award winning designers like Andrew E.C. Gaska) and my family’s love of the Terminator franchise. In the end, I decided I would kick myself if I didn’t back it and couldn’t get it later. Plus, when it finally delivers it will look perfect next to my copy of the Alien RPG.

1 Like