Streets of Avalon Conversion - Early Announcement

I’ll be announcing this on the 10/19 recording of the G&BS podcast, but figured I’d give an Early Announcement here. So, here we go…

After working with @Warden (who tempted me on Twitter, the crafty bugger that he is), the Encoded Designs team, and Eloy from Third Eye Games we’ve agreed that a good system conversion for the Streets of Avalon will be to the PIP System (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/216645/Pip-System-Corebook?cPath=4664_8816)

@Sean and I have mentioned this system before, back when it was in KS mode and such, and after @Warden and I had a Twitter conversation it seemed like a great fit so… we’ll be getting to work on that :slight_smile:

It’ll take time to do it all (e.g. system conversion, adjusting the text to not reference 5e as this will be a stand alone PIP book, etc.) and I don’t have a project schedule yet to share (and I need to get through hunting season), but once I do I will let you all know the estimated timeline.

8 Likes

Awesome!

Looking forward to it, so it might jump me into learning the Pip System in-depth.

3 Likes

Exciting. Congrats @Fafhrd!

3 Likes

Yes, I take full responsibility for this idea and will laugh maniacally in my lair.

4 Likes

I had no idea that the pip system was it’s own game. Every time it was mentioned on the show I thought Brent was referencing the World of Darkness game. Are they essentially the same, but with d6s vs d10s?

PIP system is similar in that it’s pools of d6, but I think the use of white/black dice and how it impacts pools and the PIP system’s flexibility make it a solid toolbox type of system for me. I’m really looking forward to digging into the conversion work after the first of the new year.

4 Likes

Sorry Brett, I accidentally wrote Brent, one of my managers. It was an honest mistake, I swear I listen to the show!

2 Likes

That’s ok, now he has permission to malign your name. I mean, imagine being a “Laramie”.

2 Likes

Oh, dear. No, not that name.

Show of hands who’s named after a toilet?

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Everyone named “John”? :wink:

1 Like