Star Wars - need some cool ideas

Running my streaming cast through “Beyond the Rim” and feel like I want one more cool encounter on the jungle planet before they find the survivors. Setting: inhabited jungle planet searching for a wrecked clone-era frigate. What is an interesting encounter for them before they find it. Something in the jungle that feels Star Wars! Ideas?

2 Likes

Rancors live there? If not, some sort of critter encounter could be fun. Could do the “save X critter and it’s baby from a predator and then X critter will/might help them later in the adventure.”

2 Likes

THAT is interesting - I like the save the critter idea. Chatted with some BSers in discord and here is where I landed. While trekking through the jungle following the distress signal (but before finding the escape pod broadcasting it) they run into a long-abandoned secret Separatist research facility. Overgrown and falling apart but clearly marked CIS. Oddly they also find a Clone Trooper helmet outside. When/if they go in, they find three clone troopers standing guard around an odd puzzle-box type object. What’s really happening? It is a corrupted Holocron. Decades ago the Republic discovered this secret facility and sent in troopers to investigate and clear it out. When they got there, they found all the researchers dead. Their minds were then taken over by a Force Wraith in the holocron. Now there are 4 zombie clone troopers guarding the object. If the party is foolish enough to take the holocron with them, the wraith will invade of their minds. I am keeping your idea in my back pocket - its a great twist on a simple critter encounter!

1 Like

Critter encounter could change to be an encounter with a normally non-agressive critter that is/was corrupted and by the Force Wraith - “It behaves and acts ‘evil’ and detects as ‘dark force’ type of stuff” (I know fuck-all about SW details sorry).

That happens outside/on the way to the facility - it’s a clue and a hint as to what they will be dealing with.

Smoking what you’re growing. Have you done this before? You’d make a great GM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I love foreshadowing before the see the facility. My gears are spinning!

1 Like