Question: Online Con

BS’ERS!!

Some of you make the trek to Gamehole Con in the fall. The crew has had to cancel the convention for 2020 due to local restrictions and looking out for the health of potential attendees. It’s a bummer, but certainly the right call. This doesn’t mean we can’t ‘see’ each other or play games!

Consider this post an exploration mission.

Would you be interested in participating in an online gaming convention (probably more a ‘gathering of gamers’ than a con, at the end of of October/beginning of November? Would you be open to running a game or playing or both?

4 Likes

I’m down for both. I haven’t officially requested the time off for Gamehole, so I’m flexible on what days you pick.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @EileenBarnes. Would love to see you/play something. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to. It’s easier for me to be in a different state for 4 days than to sit at a computer for 4 hours and make Kasie be a solo parent when I’m literally right there. But I’m willing to try.

2 Likes

I’m interested as well - both playing and running a game.

2 Likes

I’d play and/or run a game, schedule permitting.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m in. By now I’ve been running Conan 2d20 long enough to feel like I can provide an authentic experience. I also feel comfortable now with online play!

I can run old school in my sleep (just like any of you, I’m sure), and I do so for my local con of mostly families and board gamers. But I’m thinking people in this community might be interested in exploring a different game.

I even make it sort of literary. Each of the following is based on a different, actually-published Weird Tale. This is the “set list” I’m considering:

Servants of the Charnel God

Satisfaction of the Sea-Witch

Lair of the Red One

3 Likes

I would like to run and play… through fields of wild flowers.

4 Likes

I’d be willing to play, time permitting, and I’d consider running something, but I’ve never really done a 3-4 one shot well, so we’ll see if I’ll be up for running anything.

2 Likes

Playing in my third ‘virtual con’ of the current crises this weekend. Sign me up!

I may even run something that ISN’T D&D based…

3 Likes

I am definitely interested.

2 Likes

I saw that Gamehole Con will do online, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a presence.

2 Likes

How about a Gaming and BS drinks and hangout evening? But yes, I’m interested in playing and running something for virtual Gamehole.

4 Likes

That, for sure.

1 Like

That will happen as long as we’re alive and well.

1 Like

I’m down for playing at least.

2 Likes

I say a Discord Gaming and BS party!

1 Like

In like Susan in a Brett fan club.

1 Like

Getting used to the whole online convention thing. I’ve done several so far. No more no shows than a regular Con. Count me in! Was kinda trying to figure out how to afford going to Wisconsin.

Maybe I’ll think about running even.

3 Likes

I have never had good luck at cons. Although I have only been to two. Methinks my introvert prevents me from letting loose at one. Since I know all of you :wink: … I am up to play and I could even run something.

Semper Fidelis
Eric

1 Like