Playing Dungeons and Dragons with Izzy - 3.5 years old (YouTube video)

Well, I know what’s happening in my house very, very soon. I’ve been waiting to introduce my son to an actual RPG type game, as he loves dice and his dragon, and I think after seeing this, its a great approach to getting the kid to the table.

2 Likes

… only 11 months to go…

1 Like

That’s such a great video!

My 4 year old and I played a similar session this weekend. Absolutely awesome levels of fun! Instead of fighting goblins, though, my daughter wanted to make friends and have them over to tea…

1 Like

My son always wants to sit and roll dice when I manage to scrape the group together for an in-person game, but he hasn’t played yet. His birthday is this weekend, so we’ll be giving him his first board games (Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders – Start with the classics), but I think this a perfect way to begin the RPG experience.

A friend of mine suggested “Heroes of Hesiod” (link), and I think that may be fir the future. I just want to do largely the same mechanic in this video for a while.

When they were 7 and 4 I ran a Hero Kids adaptation of We Be Goblins for granddaughters (and son).

Photoblog: https://the-forsite-irregulars.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/we-be-goblins

2 Likes

I started my kid on D&D at 7 and now he’s 11 and plays weekly–and run a group for him and a couple of his friends and siblings. It is very good for them and the games are hilarious.

1 Like