Most Popular VTT Poll

Because I get randomly curious about things, I wanted to see what VTTs are currently the most popular. If you are interested in participating, feel free to swing by and fill it out. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m interested in your results once you get there.

2 Likes

I too am interested in seeing the results. Considering the last time I played RPGs with any consistency VTTs weren’t even an option, I can’t really participate in this show. I do need to familiarize myself with using some kind of VTT before BSer Con in January though.

Here are the results, with over 150 responses, with the poll posted on Twitter, the Misdirected Mark and Gaming and BS communities, and Facebook groups for Fate, PBTA, Cypher System, Kobold Press, and D&D.

2 Likes

Very interesting!

Assuming all the usual statistical variances for polls, Foundry seems to be growing in popularity (or the polling sample demonstrates a larger part of those communities are using Foundry than I would have thought).

D&D on top doesn’t surprise me (or anyone, I imagine) but I noticed the uptick in a few games on platforms outside Roll20. That mildly adds a small bit of support for one of my theories, folks playing games outside D&D are drifting to other platforms. But still, D&D remains king. Nothing wrong with that. It is the granddaddy of RPGs and 5E is killing it still.

The one question that jumps out at me: Who the heck is playing BESM on Talespire? Is that a fantasy-oriented BESM game? I’d love to see some screenshots of that setup.

1 Like

That is a very specific combination.

1 Like

For sure, for sure. I guess that’s why it jumped out at me. :smiley:

Thank you for sharing! Like I said, this is very interesting stuff.

1 Like