Miniatures of Avalon?

So, Brett B, When are we getting lamp lighter minis made? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I know a guy getting into 3d printing
(hint, it’s me. And I still suck)

3 Likes

It’s tough. My dad is into 3D printing and he can’t print fine enough for minis.

1 Like

I can print minis just fine, sculpting them is something else!

2 Likes

sounds like we need some sculpting, what do we need for that? Clay, a sculpting knife, and some patients

A good mold maker would be nice as well. Doing multiples quickly becomes a chore or worse yet, your last ones are way better than the first and you never bring them out.

3 Likes

That would be pretty damned awesome. I don’t know how to even start with it. I’d love to have a “model” built and then let folks with 3D printers have a go at it - I just don’t even know where to begin.

If anyone knows how to get such a thing going let me know - can’t promise it’d happen fast/soon/etc, but I’d love to at least see what it would take.

I’m sure he’s busy with his own projects but Tom Tullis at Fat Dragon games sculpts the best ‘home printable’ minis, he might be a good place to start.

There are lots of well sculpted minis available for home printing but results can be variable, Tom really know the limitations of the technology, making his models simple to print.

3 Likes

I need to get going on Blender. Maybe I’ll give sculpting it in green stuff as I’ve been looking for a project since I bought it.

2 Likes

hmmm. could sculpt a model of something, like a lamp lighter, out of green stuff, make a hardened mold from a mixture of sand and plaster, then cast the miniature from molten metal. Aluminum or maybe pewter … :thinking:

1 Like

Jim Wampler is REALLY good at 3D printing, from what I have seen. He often mentions Fat Dragon. I don’t know if there is a tie between them or not, but he would be a good one to talk to as well.

2 Likes