Master Archivist Collection

Chris Sniezak shared a copy of the work-in-progress Avalon Stretch Goal book with me last night - the Master Archivist Collection. I think it’s looking pretty damned good - the art inside is impressive and I’m happy with how it’s coming together.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see it!

((And if Chris is around these parts, happy birthday sir!))

Wait till they see what I am able to translate from the original map of the city!
:crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Got my PDF copy of the Master Archivist Collection - looking damned fine IMO :slight_smile:

Here’s the cover.

2 Likes

Got mine too. I’ll be reviewing it this weekend.

2 Likes

Got an eye open for any errors I hope :grin:

1 Like

Got mine also. Looks cool.

1 Like

Nice work, @Fafhrd and the team!

I submitted a few layout bugs to Phil, but it looks good otherwise on my first passthrough.

I may steal Iron Shoes for my D&D game if the party doesn’t leave Waterdeep soon…

1 Like

I just had to double check to make sure I could read through all of it without getting spoilers for my Gamehole Con game with Brett, but it looks like I’m safe.

1 Like

Have only got as far as the calendar, and loving it so far.

Poor Avalonians, have to wait 4 months of winter after the Year’s End Feast before they get another holiday (Festival of the Sea).

Was thinking that with 10 year cycles, wonder if some groups in Avalon (say, part of the Thieve’s Guild cant) abbreviate the year by using their fingers (Dragon = right index, Phoenix = right index and right middle (the first finger, born again!), Chimera = right index, right middle, and ring (3 part animal, 3 fingers!), Cyclops = all 4 fingers right hand (this one doesn’t quite fit the mold…), Hydra = all 4 fingers and thumb right hand (5 headed dragon, 5 fingers!). Then you do the other years holding up the left hand. Finally year of the Changeling is represented by just the thumb - I mean, is a thumb even a finger at all?

2 Likes

I’ve never thought of this abbreviation method - Pretty interesting and a damned cool idea.

1 Like