Lady Blackbird

Lady Blackbird is on the run from an arranged marriage to Count Carlowe. She hired a smuggler skyship, The Owl, to take her from her palace on the Imperial world of Ilysium to the far reaches of the Remnants, so she could be with her once secret lover, the pirate king Uriah Flint.

However—Just before reaching the halfway point of Haven, The Owl was pursued and captured by the Imperial cruiser Hand of Sorrow, under charges of flying a false flag. Even now Lady Blackbird, her bodyguard, and the crew of The Owl are detained in the brig, while the commander of the cruiser, Captain Hollas, runs the smuggler ship’s registry over the wireless. It’s only a matter of time before they discover the outstanding warrants and learn that The Owl is owned by none other than the infamous outcast Cyrus Vance.

• How will Lady Blackbird and the others escape the hand of sorrow?
  • What dangers lie in their path?
  • Will they be able to find the secret lair of the pirate king? If they do, will Uriah Flint accept Lady Blackbird as his bride? By the time they get there, will she want him to?

Link to Google sheet.

3 Likes

I have always wanted to play Lady Blackbird! I better hit the spreadsheet and see when it’s on offer…

1 Like

@Harrigan @sean It would be best if we can scare up at least one more player. Any thoughts?

You could mention it on the Discord… sometimes folks (like me) don’t remember to look in both spots for things…

Good idea. That sums it up for me as well. I soooooo much prefer Discord for discussions than web forums.

1 Like

I’ve been sent here to suggest some times. I’m Eastern time zone US and fairly flexible. M and W evenings are out as is Sunday morning. Daytime is OK, but probably unpopular. So—Tuesday evening?

I’m in mountain time. Weeknights are generally okay but wouldn’t be able to start until approximately 6pm and end by 10pm, Thursdays are out. Fridays I could start earlier and go later. Weekends I’m open all day on Sundays or Saturday evenings 5:00 PM onward.

@CleverName you could setup a doodle if a date gets too hard to pin down. Im good weekend mornings. During the week is going to be a crap shoot and will depend on week and night.

Will do. Celebrating my daughter’s graduation from college today! Will get some dates and put out a poll ASAP, but may not be until tomorrow AM.

Weekends are def my preference.

@Zagrave @enn.in.me @sean @Harrigan

If NONE of these dates/times (EST) work, please let me know.

[DOODLE POLL](Doodle poll: Doodle - Make meetings happen)

My May and first three weeks of June are a royal mess, schedule-wise, so I’ve decided to not hold others up trying to pick from like 1-2 dates that might work for me. I’ll get a little more clarity on availability once we move into June (and some dates will open up that I cannot commit to now), so if you don’t mind I’ll keep my eye on the date you pick and jump in if I can? That possible, @CleverName ?

Absolutely. I’d really love to have you play, Harrigan. I’m in the opposite boat right now. The further things go out, the harder it is to predict my schedule. (Trying to fit in some dates to see family now that we are all vaccinated and before my daughter leaves for school in August.)

Since May is out for you, just pick the two June dates so we can see if that works out. I won’t hold you to anything, but it will remind me.

1 Like

It is easier for me to swing Saturdays, checked in Doodle, than Sundays. But if it becomes really tough, and I’m the only hold out, I may be able to flex.

FYI, your Doodle votes did not show.

I tried again.

@Zagrave @enn.in.me @sean @Harrigan

I have been out of town for the past week, sorry on the tardiness of the update. We did not have a single date that everyone could attend, but I was able to add three more options. Please take a look again.

Doodle Poll with new dates

This Saturday the 29th at 10AM EST was the best of the older options, if y’all would like to shoot for that.

I updated my check boxes.

1 Like

June 5th 2-6 PM EST looks to be the best date for everyone, if not ideal for all.

1 Like

I’ll be playing this Saturday 2-6pm if you’d like to join me learn more and play Lady Blackbird.