HârnMaster 3.5 One Shot

A couple of folks mentioned an interest to see what Hârn & HârnMaster are about. After running for BSer Con 2022 I feel comfortable running the same adventure again for some new BSers. I am somewhat flexible with time but would prefer the following days in February-March after the 7th. Any Wednesday. Even Sat/Sun and Thursday with enough lead time.

I have added the game to the Roundtable spreadsheet.

Perhaps some interest will develop enough to run as a series of adventures or a small campaign. There are multitudes of plot hooks throughout the published materials.

Some more on Hârn:

Lovingly created by N. Robin Crossby and curated by Columbia Games for almost forty years, Hârn is a richly detailed realistic medieval-like setting that provides a Gamemaster with lush fodder for running adventures and campaigns while allowing room to create content of their own.

The rule system, Hârnmaster 3.5, follows the same vein for realism, grit, and brutal combat. Characters have an array of attributes 3-18 some rolled and some derived from other attributes. Most die rolls are d100 as skill or attribute tests. Combat & healing are gritty and if player character survive combat death from wounds is quite possible. Combat requires action for both the attacker and defender and each requires thought and strategy to be successful.

1 Like

Wednesday will work for me in that date span.

I’m also open to a Wednesday evening game.

I am also interested and can probably make Wednesday work.

I’ve got to work on the 7th, but I hope you all have an AMAZING time.
Cheers!

Hey @LaramieWall. I was not saying a game would take place on the 7th - only that I would be available on the 7th or later. I am hoping for 4 players, but I can run with 3.

Happy Gaming
HOOS

1 Like

Hey Hoos-Karl,

I tried running this in the 80’s but we went back to AD&D after a few session. I’ve been reading some of the source books again and would love to give this a go. I would have hopped into your game at the Con but had friends over that night. If you still have room, I’ll make this work. Which kingdon/area is this taking place? I’m only really familiar with Kaldor and a bit of Orbaal. If you’ve got pre-gen I happy to take the most mundane of the bunch!

Cheers!

Hi All,

I think we are at critical mass. Please add yourselves to the Roundtable spreadsheet. Later this week I will set up a doodle poll for times.

Also - on the Discord there was interest in running through character creation. While the adventure is set up as a one shot with pregens and I’d like to keep it that way. I could add character gen session either before or after the adventure or as separate session if people are interested.

Happy Gaming
HOOS

1 Like

Added. Looking forward to it.

I’m for learning character gen afterwards. Might make for an interesting Session 0?

Also interested in the char gen session. Either before or after the session would work for me.

Is there a channel specifically for this game on Discord that I don’t see? I don’t really follow the general chat channels, between work and other channels I mute plenty of channels. I’ll be checking here for primary updates for now. Cheers!

No, but we will use one the game rooms for the session. I will post here and link on the Discord for those that need the prompt.

1 Like

Here is a doodle poll to help us find a time. I have the dates start Thursday 2/17 through Sun 3/6. I can add future dates if need be. Please fill out as soon as possible to lock in a date and time.

https://doodle.com/poll/9zc3pyd2wg8i42m9?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Happy Gaming
HOOS

I’d LOVE to make it. My schedule is just trash. Thank you for running this, but I don’t think I can fit. Apologies.

BSer Harniacs,

From the poll data it looks like I have 3 players (@mgr; @Zagrave @Hobbs) available on Sunday 02/27/21 from 1100-1500 pacific. Please confirm that we are a go, and I will share a folder with some pre-reads and the pre-gens.

There is enough interest to run another session with @LaramieWall, @kid_kraken and maybe a third? I want to fit this into Laramie’s tight schedule. If we don’t get another BSer, I will ask my gf to play along. While a novice RPGer she is a good player.

Happy Gaming
HOOS

1 Like

I’m good unless I have to work shock I won’t know till that day

I could likely bring a friend as well, if needed.

Thank you for being flexible. That is exceedingly generous of you.

Yes I should still be good for that time and date. Looking forward to it!

The Thread it not Dead! From the Discord it still seems like there is more interest in seeing what Hârn & HârnMaster have to offer. I can run again sometime in April on these days Wednesday & Thursday Evenings & Odd Saturdays, Maybe Sundays.

Please add yourselves to the Roundtable Spreadsheet. Once there are 4 players I will send out a Doodle Poll to find a time.

Happy Gaming
HOOS