Happy Holidays!

Hope all of you BSers and our fantastic hosts have a happy Yuletide with whatever family and friends you can safely gather with.

This last year has been horrible, but the people here have made it better.
We share our diverse gaming loves, hates, opinions, advice and support with good humor and enthusiasm.

Thank you all for making this a great place.

Best of the season to everyone.

:smiley:
Rory

7 Likes

All the best to you and your family this holiday season @Rweston !

This community has helped me maintain my sanity over the past year. It has been a very difficult year and RPGs have been my escape. I am happy to have found a group that enjoys gaming as much as I do.

I wish all BSers a very Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has an amazing weekend filled with joy and surrounded by those you love. If you are on your own this weekend, know that you are not alone. The BSer community is here for you.

Thank you Sean and Brett for building this community!!
And thanks to all of you BSers that are active on the boards and on discord. You have made a huge difference in my life. I’m very happy I found this place.

6 Likes

Agreed!

While I was able to get some play-by-post games running in 2020, they both crashed to a halt this past year. No gaming whatsoever that wasn’t pure data-driven playtesting. And when you work on something you love yet never get to enjoy it… well, you start to wonder if the big space octopus in the sky is trying to tell you something.

Yet this show and this community have kept me engaged in the conversation and has helped me stay afloat. Ah, screw it. I’m just gonna say it. I’ve been depressed this year. Big time. While there have been some amazing changes to my life as far as my career and family goes, it’s also featured a few swift kicks to the nuts. One of those kicks has even bled into my game design and has triggered a re-evaluation of what I’m trying to achieve in my work. But that’s another topic altogether.

This forum and podcast have kept me sane… or sane-r. They’ve been a constant reminder that I’m not completely out of the loop. Thank you, everyone, for keeping me in touch with any other reality than my own.

Happy holidays, BSers!!

5 Likes

Glad to have you here, Farty! :slight_smile:

Every day I open these forums and fire up Discord to see what folks are talking about. I may not weigh in on every topic but I learn something from each. This is one of my happy places where I can escape from the world and just enjoy good conversations with good people.

5 Likes

I am eternally grateful for this community. I wish everyone the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of Holidays. I have enjoyed countless smiles and laughs this year on the Forums, Discord and listening to the Podcast. It’s amazing how many lives have been touched positively by everyone. I have shared stories I’ve read, jokes I was the butt of, and games I’ve experienced with the BSers to numerous friends and family. I’m sure many have done the same. I’m no math major (oh wait I was) but, I think the world is exponentially better because of this. Embrace your family and friends, share good times with anyone you are able, and be positive. We all will be dreaming of sugar plums. (Ok not sure what one of those is, but we’re creative people and will come up with something interesting to dream about).

Feelin Good about The BSers

6 Likes