GM's Helpers - In Game Guest Appearances by BSers

Hi All,

I just had an idea that I would like to float to BSers. With all of us shut in and trying to game more, I think it would be great if we could bring each other into our games for guest appearances as NPCs or Sovereign Powers or an Organizations leader. I think this could help build the community so graciously started by Sean and Brett.

We would need to establish some rules and structure to this. I will suggest the first rule.

What the host GM says is law.

I imagine that this could be as simple as someone joins to play 1 NPC for a 10-minute session to as complex as becoming a co-DM.

Anyway. Start the conversation.

Semper Fidelis
Eric

4 Likes

I’d be happy to run the 10 NPCs in Sesion one (the prison break) of Out of the Abyss for anyone. I run’m like I stole’m and it’s LOTS of fun.

Let’s just say, there won’t be 10 NPCs left when they get to the caves…

I’ve done this for myself and two other DMs.

2 Likes

Well Great Minds Think Alike, and so do ours…
I sent this out to all of my players in three campaigns the other day:

In Light of the current Apocalypse, many people are sitting trapped in small apartments or 40,000 square foot Beverly Hills mansions. As dreaming of picking of a weapon and laying about slowly marinates into thinking about alibis, defense attorneys and the like, an idea to move them back to unhealthy fantasies.

How about a series of “Just shut up and play” games?

Here is the idea, anyone interested just " reply all " and you are in the loop.

I will set up a very blank game with no API, no Dynamic lighting, no music…

You get an idea for a short 1 shot game or a two shot game. You let me know and I give you a page. Background or “mood” pictures, no detailed maps. Simple tokens using sheet macros only. When you are ready you loop an email out to the group and click on the 'pick-up game three hours before the game starts.

All games run in 5th edition Basic:

Perhaps a consolidation of these several ideas would work.

3 Likes

I like this HOOS karl. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So many great gamers…

1 Like

Thank you Sean-Baby.
jpg

Semper Fidelis
HOOS Karl

1 Like

hashtag nailed it.

Sounds like fun. Count me in!