Get to the Hoppa Ideas

I know MY answer/ preference.

Digital VS Physical could be a fun show.

I mean having the accessibility of digital books is great ( might be a generational thing) but holding a book and knowing where everything is and how things works is great too.
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Using different games for a prelude or epilogue.

taking the characters from one game to another, or using the situation from one in the following.

Examples -
Delta Green/Monster of the Week/Nights Black Agents - series ends with some getting killed, some becoming Vampires/Werewolves. Following game is Vampire/Werewolf with the ‘new’ chapter of the characters lives.

D&D for awhile, then they find glitches in reality/magic, and ‘the heroes’ wake up. Cyberpunk/Shadowrun game where the heroes were in some virtual reality pod, shared world doing the D&D thing. Now they have to reconnect/recall their ‘lives’ but it’s been months…

2 Likes

Im doing this right now Blake!

Back when i first got into DMing i ran a Zombie game for my friends with D20 Modern, and last night we picked that same game back up in Delta Green :smiley:

2 Likes

And pdf vs physical!

3 Likes

So - BOOKS:
Full size vs. Digest size
Physical vs. Pdf
Hard cover vs. Soft cover
Lay Flat (spiral) vs. Traditional Binding (lots of shades of difference here and probably too fussy)
Write in them or leave them Pristine?

1 Like

A
C (all of the above)
A
B (would like A, never seen it done well)
A

Playing D&D with children, most likely under the age of 10.

2 Likes

BlockquotePlaying D&D with children, most likely under the age of 10.

So, more mature than more “adult” gamers? :wink:
(I’d actually love this topic)

3 Likes

Didn’t they do this topic?

3 Likes

Found it: https://gamingandbs.com/gaming-with-childrens-gbs217/

3 Likes

Also, close enough: https://gamingandbs.com/kids-track-cons-gbs143/

2 Likes

I remember 217… 143… gonna have to relisten to that one.
THANKS @Roger !!!

1 Like

At some point Brett and Sean both doing a version of the same encounter, played live on episode was discussed.

My suggestion is Zombies are after the party, sent by BBEG.

Brett can do DCC/D&D/BECMI whatever
Sean can do Call of Cthulhu or reskin the zombies for-Starwars

Things they can change
zombies goals, zombies numbers, individual zombie toughness
weather, terrain, equipment level of the pcs
number of npcs/mobile cover, how quickly pcs become zombies, treasure

1 Like

Cleary, my position is the right position :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Undoubtedly. Brett is always right!

3 Likes

well… it depends… :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’d like to hear the B&S take on aligning GM and player expectations with regards to the description of in-game elements and actions. Wordy, I know, but this is something that appears most sessions in the groups that I play in or GM.

What I’m referring to is how to align the way the GM and players exchange information. The best example I have is a GM looking for players to say “I’m looking for any irregularities in the walls, drafts, breaks in the mortar” vs. “I search the room”. Both can be effective in the game, but only if the GM and player expectations are aligned.

I know that this is something that is a session 0 thing, but it always winds up in my groups that we still have to hammer things through on case-by-case bases until we’ve built up a vocabulary of action descriptions and expectations that both parties understand.

The other side of the coin is the GM descriptions of in-game elements. How much do you give as the initial description of a location and how much is revealed only when the players ask pointed questions. I tend towards a middle ground, but the most important thing is obviously that the GM and player expectations align.

2 Likes

“The role of social media in creating a community”

I don’t know if this has been done before, but as someone who completely missed the whole G+ thing, I am continually reminded of how that site became the virtual neighborhood bar where people would hang out and discuss their fave RPGs. It seems like half the people I have met at Gary Con knew each other for years before meeting in person thanks to the G+ forums, especially those in the OSR world.

So, a brief history of the social media sites supported by gamers, the current landscape (FB, MeWe, various forums around (Tenkar’s, etc.), and where things may be going along with some extrapolation on what the ideal hangout would be is my topic suggestion.

2 Likes

Very interesting topic.

1 Like