G&BS Self-Declared Demographics or Am I Crotchety Yet?

So, today I celebrate 60 trips around Sol - and I’m the family patriarch now.

Go figure. I’m very glad to still be a crew member on this earth-ship, because there was a very close call a few years ago.

I wonder, am I the oldest in our group here?

9 Likes

31 Days to 57 for me. I’m glad you are still here @OldSchoolDM. It gives me hope :wink:

5 Likes

Just turned 50 this year. That’s okay. 50’s the new 20, so 60 must be the new 30.

5 Likes

Turned 54 this year - so far you seem like the “Oldest School” amongst us - but we definitely have sufficient numbers to get those kids off our collective lawns!!

:smiley:

Rory

3 Likes

In three days I’ll turn 57. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE! It looks like I’m in great company!

6 Likes

Only 45 here. You’ve got me by 15 rotations. :smiley:

4 Likes

53 (54 in a few weeks). Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday, @OldSchoolDM !

49 here, turning 50 next Feb. Still don’t feel like I’m grown up yet, though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another family patriarch here, but you got five trips on me. Happy belated B-Day.

1 Like

Man, look at all these old farts up in here!

Will be 53 at the end of the month. And @digitalhobbit, I don’t think I will -ever- feel like a grown up. Too far gone.

3 Likes

Of course, there’s a major selection bias in running this demographics study on the forum. The younger folks are more likely only on Discord (or TicToc, Telegram, etc.).

1 Like

I’m not quite 40, so I’ll get off your lawns now.

1 Like

4 Likes

… but like only after you run more awesome games for us old farts.

3 Likes

So does that make me the youngin’ at 38?

1 Like

I guess it does. :slight_smile: I’m accustomed to being one of the older guys in my gaming collective. Being on the younger side feels a bit odd. :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t keep up with the “kids” on the BS Discord with hundreds of chats per day. I’m always fast-scrolling to the bottom and feeling like I’m missing something.

It’s nice and quiet and high-quality discussion here on the forum - right?

6 Likes

Exactly - I can’t follow a discord chat at all.
Nice to know it’s not just me.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me drop the youngin bar a little bit to 35…

2 Likes

Ahh, now I feel like the median age around here is right in my zone at 47.

2 Likes