Dungeon Crawl Classics conversion help

I’m thinking about running Frog God’s new Tegal Manor with Dungen Crawl Classics. Given that DCC doesn’t use gp=xp, thoughts on how to tier down treasure so that by room 4 the whole party isn’t decked out in plate mail?

Trying to convert an OSR module to DCC. For DCC experts out there, thoughts on decreasing treasure values since DCC doesn’t use an experience system based on gold pieces? I’m worried the whole party will be in plate mail within an hour.

Thoughts/ opinions?

1 Like

Half of all the gold they find is just gold plated bugs! They’re shiny AND if unwrapped, Delicious.

Or maybe its not normal currency. Maybe go GP turns into, a 10 pound bag of rice. It’s either food or money, not both! :meat_on_bone::meat_on_bone:

1 Like

First bear in mind that DCC character levels are roughly twice that of old school D&D.

As for turning all that gold into armour give them a time limit to complete the module and make armour hard to get - it can’t be bought ‘off the shelf’ and has to be made to measure - actually quite realistic.

1 Like

Bruce, thanks for your help. To be clear, rough power level, you’re saying a 1st level DCC= 1-2 level D&D, 2nd level DCC = 3-4 level D&D, etc etc?

1 Like

VERY roughly, yes. My own experience is from comparing/converting from Labyrinth Lord (B/X D&D clone) but I’ve heard it said as a rough equivalent to AD&D (presume 1st Edition?) Bear it mind that despite the inherited mechanics from various D&D rule sets DCC can be WAY more swingy, you really don’t want to be thinking too hard about balance!

1 Like

Oh, for sure. I’m not looking for a real 1==1, but a nice loose guideline. Thanks!

1 Like