DISCORD Handles

Hey, we’re all one big happy family. Some of us hang out in the ‘cool’ corners of the table-top gaming internet. I mean, you’re here, right?

Any ways, one cool place to hang is Discord. If you’re on Discord, share your handle here and add others to your friends list!

Here’s mine.
GBS-Sean#5371

Gaming and BS server

1 Like

I’ll join in! ASavageWorldsGM (aka Carl) is joining now…

My handle:
webcommando#8004

2 Likes

LaramieWall#5429

I keep it simple. All LaramieWall, all the time.

2 Likes

I was a big fan of discord for a couple of years but after a social media break last summer I decided not to go back to discord. I never felt like I was ‘keeping up’ even after culling the number of servers I was using. I have a hard enough with FB and twitter both of which feel like necessary evils most of the time!

2 Likes

You still stream to Twitch? i think you can do that to discord via twitch.

1 Like

I’ve heard Discord described as a “firehose.” It is indeed overwhelming. I don’t even try to keep up. I embrace it as ephemeral, and that all interaction is only for the now.

1 Like

No, I’ve stopped streaming too, but discord has been really popular with streamers for a while, everyone has their own server and ‘community’ it’s pretty nuts. The immediacy drives me nuts, the worst kind of social media FOMO!

1 Like

I’m in!
digitalhobbit#1556

1 Like

Young0ne#2676

I spend a good amount of time roaming around GamersTable, Fear The Boot, and A Night At The Opera Discords!

I used discord a lot early last year. Tried to get my players to use it as an in between session tool, post back stories, that sort of stuff. Some used it a little, but I just couldn’t get them to buy in. I think part of it may be the difference between people who just play like any aother game and people who have it as a hobby.
That almost sounds like a topic, hobbyist and casual players, how to help both get the most out of play.
Anyway Mine is BeHolders Horde.

4 Likes

I Tried that with Onenote. got pretty much the same results

Damn players and their Laziness :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m down for it. Handle is the same, natch. I’m a big Discord fan – it’s true you need to know how and when to turn it down in your life, but that’s true for most modern (i.e. addictive) social media platforms.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty good at ignoring things. I have to take a good chunk of on call for work, so I know where the Do Not Disturb button is the rest of the time.

2 Likes

joec is in da discord hauuuuzzzzzz.

Fuck I’m exhausted.

3 Likes

I use it for an online game that I run, and it works well for that. Scheduling and discussion in a text channel, and sessions using a voice channel, or sometimes video calls. My players use it, because it’s really the only choice. I also have good luck recruiting players from other discord servers, who are therefore already discord users.

I don’t think I’d have much luck getting people I game with in person to use it though. They’re all very much casual gamers who like to show up and play for a few hours, and then not think about it until next session. Which is great because we always have a blast, but it means they’re not going to engage much outside of that. It makes sandbox-style West Marches-ish games difficult, since that type of game works best when it’s player-directed.

2 Likes

Sorry you so tired @joe, I know the feeling. I did several hours of OT the last couple of weeks. Money’s good but makes the rest time short.

1 Like

I just did a 21 hour software update. Still recovering physically and mentally. I can’t do these late nights without dying anymore.

2 Likes

I personally think Discord is the new G+ for gaming. I know it’s a different format, but there is sooooo much going on, so many creators partaking. And it’s -great- to support actual games, be they virtual or play by post…

3 Likes

Im on discord! My handle is Rumby!

3 Likes

@sean I tried to use the invite link, but it booted me.

3 Likes