Coriolis, The Third Horizon

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again.
Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered
together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days
drew to a close, and the dark between the stars slowly came oozing back.

Welcome to the Third Horizon. One of mankinds largest colony vessels, now repurposed and renamed Coriolis Station, sits at the center of 3 dozen worlds. It is a bustling hub of activity, where anything can be found for a price in the many bazaars that inhabit its main ring. It is a place where factions can meet with a modicum of safety, knowing that the rules of the station prevent obvious violence. It is a place where the Emissaries, those faceless mystics who claim to be the will of the Icons, declared that they were going to sit on the council. It is also the place where tensions are highest, and a single spark could light the fires of conflict the likes of which the Third Horizon has never seen

In this game, you will crew a space ship and travel the Horizon. You will explore the ancient ruins of the Portal Builders, undertake missions for the powerful factions and partake in the game of political intrigue on Coriolis station – the centre of power in the Third Horizon. You might even encounter strange beings from the Dark Between the Stars.

From the Monolith in the jungles of Kua to the floating temples of Mira, the Horizon is yours to explore. You can be traders, explorers, mercenaries, pilgrims or agents. Whatever your calling is, together you will make your own fate. In the end you might even discover the truth about the mysterious Emissaries and the threat of the Dark Between the Stars.

What you need to know:
I will be running a scenario for Coriolis that might last up to 3-4 sessions (depending on how things play out). I can provide characters and a ship sheet for the players, though if you’re familiar with Free League games and Year Zero Engine Character Creation you can feel free to make your own character. I will be running a pre-made scenario that is also the jumping off point to more adventure and the first full Coriolis Campaign, though the scenario stands very well on its own. I am looking to run this mid-late March, preferably on weekends

If you’re interested, please add a note below, or sign up on the Google Sheet provided

If you want to know more about Coriolis, the free quickstart is located here: https://www.modiphius.net/collections/coriolis/products/coriolis-the-third-horizon-core-rule-book-pdf

and the rest of the collection can be purchased online via Modiphius: https://www.modiphius.net/collections/coriolis or ordered through your local shop

I can also provide a link to the full rules book on request

2 Likes

@huscarl @Xer0Rules i noticed you guys had this on your list of games to play on Discord. Just pointing this out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coriolis! Hut hut hut!

1 Like

Thanks for the love @sean. My Wifi router died this weekend and I have been trying to catch up on things.

Count me in @Mrmiked42. I have a standing Sat game every other week, starting March 6th from 16:30-20:00 PST.

2 Likes

Didn’t I sign up for this on the spreadsheet?

yup! I got you on the list :slight_smile:

1 Like