Con of Champions - Online - May 23-25

Given what’s going on the in the world, I think this could be the GenCon of the year.

My thoughts:

• convenient location - no “it’s too far” or “I don’t like ‘x’ city”, no flight, no driving!
  • no housing issues
  • way affordable - badges start at $2
  • lots of events and games!
  • no crowds
  • helps them stay in business - if these guys go under there will be a few cons that will suck when this is all over because their events platform won’t be as good, IMO.

I have asked Brett for us to put in our full support of this virtual convention. I know I will be running a game on books under the Gaming and BS banner. I hope you’d consider doing the same. If you don’t want to run a game, play a game!

https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-of-champions

4 Likes

I will probably run something. I’d be excited to run it under The Gaming and BS banner!

2 Likes

I just checked to see if there is a required platform (expecting Roll20), but lo! I can use Discord! (My experience with Conan 2d20 on Discord, so far, has been quite successful.)

I’m going to have to involve myself here both by running games and by buying a badge.

2 Likes

I bought a badge. Not thinking I’ll run anything, or even play anything… but hey – they got my pennies.

2 Likes

@Gabe @NOLAbert and everyone else, let us know what you’re running so we can be sure to promote it and ensure you have full tables!

1 Like

LETS GO, BSers!

3 Likes

These guys are the reason that Evercon was able to turn into what it was, and they provide an awesome service for a TON of conventions. I’m gonna see what I can do to get some time freed up to run a game or two - if not, I’m for sure going to buy a badge and get them some $.

3 Likes

I think I might need to buy some hardware (mouse, keyboard, camera and mic) for my desktop PC. I’ve been running games on Discord via phone and tablet, but maybe that would feel too casual and minimal for folks who sign up for a game.

I do need to think about this for a bit. If I run, I’ll definitely reach out to you!

2 Likes

I’ll be running a DCC funnel (event link). I’ll keep it fairly low-key, using Discord (voice + video) and Google Sheets. I just ran this funnel for my home group the same way, and it went very well.

This will be my first time running (as opposed to playing) DCC at a con. Should be fun!

5 Likes

Ah, @digitalhobbit Sadly an 8pm start would be a 1 or 2am start here, otherwise I’d be all over that!

I’m running’Acting Up in Lankhmar’ and the classic DCC RPG adventure ‘Tower Out Of Time’ using Discord and/or Roll20

1 Like

@Bruce_C Damn time zones… :slight_smile:
I saw your games on the event schedule as well and was really tempted to sign up, but a 7am PST start is a bit early for me. Maybe next time!

1 Like

I finally got around to submitting my Five Torches Deep adventure, The Hidden Necropolis, for the Con of Champions.

https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-of-champions/schedule/552

4 Likes

(I love the march of progress. Would have been all over this before I had family to enjoy on the weekends. )

1 Like

signed up for 3 games, Mongoose Traveller, Freegrazer (whatever that is, indie), and MegaTraveller (never actually played that version).

Game on!

1 Like

My friend, Jake, is running his homebrew O5R game at Con of Champions on Sat, May 23 from 9 am - 1 pm. So far I’m the only one signed up. I’ve played in a previous con game of his that combined 2E & 5E. It was awesome! The new game sounds kind of DCC-ish since he’s told me it’s a funnel and players will be playing 4 PCs. Check it out:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-of-champions/schedule/280

2 Likes

Ok! I’m signed up!

1 Like

Shoot! He just canceled it.

nuts. Figures. My original game was cancelled.