Bowing Out of Gamehole Con

I am bummed to say that I am cancelling my events for Gamehole Con.

They have been notified today and players will start getting the heads up so they can make other arrangements.

I am keeping my badge, not sure I even have a choice, because I may still get there, though the percentage chance is relatively low.

I’m bummed because I know many are considering coming a long distance to run games under our banner and hang out. I would love to see each and every one of you, but this year, again, is probably not that time.

Fingers crossed for next year for in-person fun.

12 Likes

Not that I am attending Gamehole Con but respect for doing what you feel you need to do to keep yourself and your family/friends healthy and safe. That kind of decision isn’t an easy one to make.

There is a bright, shiny future out there where we can return to cons and our only health concerns will be the normal “con crud,” not the “covid crud.”

7 Likes

When I renewed my badge, everything seemed like it was moving in the right direction. I was hopeful, but recent trends have definitely convinced me to put off any conventions for this year, as much as I would love to see my RPG friends in person.

5 Likes

Glad to hear you folks are being cautious. Even though I only know you folks through these message boards & the podcast - I would hate to hear any of you got sick from going to a Con.

:slight_smile:
Rory

2 Likes

I’m thinking about skipping PAX Unplugged. Not because I’m worried about COVID, quite the opposite. My area has been so good with vaccinations and case numbers that I haven’t worn a mask unless I’ve traveled out of state for the last 3 months. I don’t think I want to go back to wearing a mask for most of the day just to play some board games. Maybe I will, we’ll see.