Big Changes at Hasbro

Well, we finally have our answer about what was going on behind the scenes at Hasbro in regards to WOTC. They are being promoted to division level, one of the three major divisions in Hasbro’s new organization. More news will go public later today along with some game line announcements. All in all, this looks good for WOTC, or as I guess we should call them now, Wizards and Digital.

4 Likes

You know what this means? It means they won’t be considered a subsidiary. Hasbro is a publicly traded company, and WotC will be an internal division. So now…we may see some actual earnings information to include sales numbers and projections, without sheer speculation since the days of TSR!

5 Likes

Ooooh! Maybe now we’ll how well this industry really does.

Follow up article on how successful WOTC has been with D&D and MtG. Apparently, WOTC has surpassed the other portions of the company in earnings, contributing directly to this reorg. Interesting stuff.

3 Likes

4 Likes

For years, it’s been suspected that RPGs did a few hundred grand per year and that never made sense for ALL of them. This is showing that this industry may be closer to $1 billion than we thought.

Good. Now bring on that big budget movie, dammit. I’ve got a real job to quit so I can make games for a living.

5 Likes