346 Being a Better TTRPG Player - UN! BORKED

Being a better ttrpg player, it doesn’t have to always fall to the game master to produce a great gaming experience.

3 Likes

Amen, brothers and sisters! :pray:

3 Likes

This might just be me but I down loaded 346 and when I started playing it last night at work it was episode 345. Don’t know if the same audio got up loaded or if podbean is to blame but I thought I’d let you know.

1 Like

The episode is messed up in a couple ways, so I pulled it. As soon as I can get back to it, I’ll re-upload a better/correct version.

1 Like

I had the same thing. I even responded I thought the audio was fine, not realizing I was listening to the older episode until they got to the main topic, hehe.

1 Like

Ok, the episode is ‘better’. It may re-download for some.

4 Likes

At one point Brett (I think) mentioned a 4- way intersection in a dungeon hallway and some discussion followed about good players grabbing the reigns and making a choice.

I don’t think either of you gents would do this ín a game you were actually running but I feel compelled to say that 3 identical but diverting paths in an empty hallway is not a choice for players. To be interesting, it is up to the GM to provide some details distinguishing the different options.

Maybe a defeated goblin earlier in the game told the party what horrible dangers are down one path. Or one slopes steeply downward. Another might have roughly excavated walls that stand out from the rest of the construction. Or the scent of fresh blueberry muffins eats up one dark corridor.

It doesn’t matter really what the details are but the players need something or any choice they make is just going to be a random selection which isn’t really a choice at all.

1 Like

Agreed and I think most of us would provide something to base the decision on. One hallway is immensely dark, a light breeze is coming from the second, and the sounds of claws scraping on stone is heard from the third. I like to give the players something to base a decision on and the little clues add interesting flavor to the choice.

3 Likes

Thank you for this advice. I don’t think I do a very good job at all of this, and now I have a new practice to develop.

1 Like